The Leaf Wetness Smart Sensor provides accurate leaf wetness data in a number of growing and research applications. The sensor is ready to use and does not require any painting or coating. It uses a capacitive grid that is less sensitive to surface residues than resistive grid-based sensors, and comes preconditioned for consistent measurements between sensors and for long-term stability. Along with a 3-meter cable, a mounting bracket is included so the sensor can be easily positioned to mimic the wet-dry characteristics of the plants being studied.
- Does not require any painting or coating
- Preconditioned for consistent measurements
- 3-meter cable and mounting bracket included
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-LWA-M003 sensor supports the following measurement: Leaf Wetness
- Measurement range: 0 (dry) to 100% (wet)
- Operating range: -40°C to 70°C, (-40°F to 158°F)
- Repeatablility: ± 5%
- Resolution: 0.59%
- Stability: < ± 5% per year
- Interchangeability between sensors (over the range 10-90%): ± 10%
- Measurement averaging option: No
- Housing: No coating required
- Sensor type: Capacitive Grid
- Sensor plate: 4.7 cm x 5.1 cm (1.8"? x 2.0"?)
- Tube: 12.2 cm length x 1.8 cm diameter (4.8"? x 0.7"?)
- Cable length: 3m (9.8)
- Length of Smart Sensor Network Cable: 3m
- Approximate weight: 127 g (4.5 oz) for sensor, and 290 g (10.2 oz) with mounting bracket
- Mounting bracket: 20 cm long (8"?);Sensor can be positioned at any angle between 0 and 90 degrees (vertical)
- Number of data channels: 1
For mounting on Onset tripods or masts 3.2 cm to 4.1 cm (1 1/4"? to 1 5/8"?), Cross Arms (Part # M-CAA or M-CAB), or flat surfaces. U-bolt and tie-wraps included.
- The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with all relevant directives in the European Union (EU)