The HomePlug AV200 powerline adapter uses your home's existing electrical wiring to create a direct connection between your EG4100 Series meter and a home network. This connection requires no additional wiring so you can simply plug the adapter into an existing power socket to instantly establish a networking infrastructure.
- HomePlug AV powerline communication
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 2.6 x 2.0 x 1.1 in.
- US standard 2-prong plug
- 100ft range over electrical wiring
- Power, HomePlug, and Ethernet LED indicators
- Plug-N-Play functionality, no software or configuration required
- Low power consumption
- No reduction in signal do to walls, floors, or other physical obstructions
In what environment does this communication operate?
This communication operates in an indoor environment.
What measurements does this communication support?
The HP200TPL communication supports the following measurements: AC Current, AC Voltage, Amps (A), Kilowatt Hours (kWh), Kilowatts (kW), Volt-Amp Reactive, Volt-Amp Reactive hour, Watt Hours (Wh) and Watts (W)
- Powerline Communication (PLC) allows for the transfer of data over the existing electrical wiring in your home. Essentially, it lets you use your electrical wiring as Ethernet cable, so you can avoid using WiFi, but still connect to the internet without running any new wires.
- Each EG4100 model has a built-in powerline communication chip.
- The eGauge is installed with a direct connection to your electrical panel, so you are immediately connected to the distributed electrical wiring in your home.
- You can then install a single HomePlug adapter near your home's router for a direct internet connection to the eGauge in your breaker panel.
- No reduction in signal due to walls, floors, or other obstruction.