The 12-bit 4-20 mA Input Adapter interfaces with any sensor providing a 4-20 mA signal to connect to smart sensor compatible data loggers. This adapter features both a non-switched input and a battery-saving switched input that extends the life of external batteries. It also provides a trigger signal for controlling power to attached external sensors, while offering digital filtering which improves measurement accuracy with 32 readings/sample and 60 Hz noise rejection.
- 12-bit resolution
- Digital filtering improves measurement accuracy with 32 readings/sample—4-20 mA adapter has 60 Hz noise rejection
- Measurement averaging over logging interval further enhances accuracy
- Plug-in modular connector for easy interface with HOBO® Weather Station or HOBO® Micro Station data loggers
- Screw terminal for connecting to sensors
- Micro Station has room for two adapters and Weather Station has room for ten (adapters mount inside station enclosure)
- Represents one data input channel
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-CIA-CM14 sensor supports the following measurement: 4-20mA
Measurement range: 4-20 mA (measures down to 0 mA to detect error condition)
Operating temperature range: -40° to 75°C (-40° to 167°F)
Accuracy: ±40 µA ±0.3% of reading (over operating temperature range)
Resolution: ±4.93 µA
Input impedance: 124 ohms (differential input)
Sensor trigger source: Voltage: 2.5 V ±2.4%; maximum current: 1 mA
Warm-up time: 300 ms ±3% (fixed)
Measurement time: 16.6 ms ±3% to filter out 60 Hz noise
Cable length: 14 cm (5.5 inch)