The 12-bit 4-20 mA Input Adapter interfaces with any sensor providing a 4-20 mA signal to connect to smart sensor compatible data loggers. This adapter features both a non-switched input and a battery-saving switched input that extends the life of external batteries. It also provides a trigger signal for controlling power to attached external sensors, while offering digital filtering which improves measurement accuracy with 32 readings/sample and 60 Hz noise rejection.
- 12-bit resolution
- Digital filtering improves measurement accuracy with 32 readings/sample"‚¬?4-20 mA adapter has 60 Hz noise rejection
- Measurement averaging over logging interval further enhances accuracy
- Plug-in modular connector for easy interface with HOBO Weather Station or HOBO Micro Station data loggers
- Screw terminal for connecting to sensors
- Micro Station has room for two adapters and Weather Station has room for ten (adapters mount inside station enclosure)
- Represents one data input channel
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-CIA-CM14 sensor supports the following measurement: 4-20mA
|Measurement range:||0"‚¬œ10 cm or 0"‚¬œ5 in. per hour; maximum 4000 tips per interval.|
|Operating range:||0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F); survival -40° to 75°C (-40° to +167°).|
|Mechanism:||Tipping bucket, stainless steel shaft with brass bearings.|
|Resolution:||0.2 mm (S-RGB) and 0.01 inch (S-RGA) models.|
|Calibration:||Requires annual calibration; can be field calibrated by user or returned to factory.|
|Measurement range:||4-20 mA (measures down to 0 mA to detect error condition)|
|Operating temperature range:||-40° to 75°C (-40° to 167°F)|
|Accuracy:||±40 µA ±0.3% of reading (over operating temperature range)|
|Input impedance:||124 ohms (differential input)|
|Sensor trigger source:||Voltage: 2.5 V ±2.4%; maximum current: 1 mA|
|Warm-up time:||300 ms ±3% (fixed)|
|Measurement time:||16.6 ms ±3% to filter out 60 Hz noise|
|Cable length:||14 cm (5.5 inch)|